The remains of the bank vault from Pilot Mount.
The rise to the right of this structure has been guiding people for centuries. Today, known as Pilot Mount, it rises 116 feet above the prairie.
For centuries is has provided a directional guide to the people of the area and especially to the early settlers as they moved across virgin prairie. In 1854, the Sioux Indians took their last stand on British Territory in a battle against buffalo hunters along its slopes. It has even served as a political platform when Sir John A. MacDonald addressed a rally from the crest.
Today, the mound provides a familiar landmark to all who venture west.
The structure in the picture is all that remains of the bank vault. The town of Pilot Mound was originally located on this site, but moved when the railroad went through a few miles south.Sales Gallery: The Untapped Source www.theuntappedsource.com/wayn…